MSBS HOME PAGE
Duties of the Officers
- Sec. i The President shall preside at all regular meetings of the Society and Executive Board, appoint all officers and committees not elective, and shall be a member ex-officio of all committees, except the nominating committee.
- Sec. ii The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in his/her absence, and shall serve as state historian for the Society.
- Sec. iii The Recording/Corresponding Secretary shall keep an accurate record of the proceedings of the Society and the Executive Board, and shall conduct the correspondence of the Society, and shall issue notices of the meetings. He/she shall keep a correct list of the members and their addresses.
- Sec. iv The Treasurer shall collect dues at the annual meeting, shall have charge of all funds of the Society, and shall pay such bills as have been approved by the president or the Executive Board. He/she shall keep an accurate amount of all the receipts and disbursements and shall present an audited report at the annual meeting.
The Executive Committee shall appoint two auditors who shall examine the accounts and vouchers of the Treasurer prior to the annual meeting, and shall report at that meeting.
It shall be the duty of the Executive Board to transact the business of the Society and to handle any emergency. They shall meet prior to the meeting on the same day.
- Sec. i The annual dues of this Society shall be no less than five dollars($5.00) yearly, payable to the Treasurer at the fall meeting.
- Sec. ii Members whose dues remain unpaid on December 1 shall be considered as having voluntarily withdrawn their membership and will not receive a newsletter.
The By-Laws may be amended at any regular meeting of the Society by a two-thirds majority of the active members present, provided that the proposed amendment or amendments have been read at the previous meeting.